The following is my wish list for Council to consider in 2019. In no particular order.
- Water storage in Ayr, Giru and Home Hill.
- More footpaths and a “Be Active Trail” project in Home Hill.
- Allow more funding for Burdekin Community Association (BCA).
- Rectify problems with tile mosaic in the water fountain at the Comfort Stop.
- Need gofer access to swimming pool.
- Install Disable Toilets to all swimming pools.
- The installation of more seating and tables in Plantation Park and Lloyd Mann Park.
- A footpath from Lloyd Mann Park to Ashworth’s.
- Establish an Art Centre cum Museum in Home Hill.
- A footpath from the diorama to the Burdekin Bridge.
My Council budget wish list for the long term. In no particular order
- To make a conscious effort to increase channel and curbing in all areas over the Burdekin Shire.
- A continuous footpath in Home Hill for walking so as to avoid having to walk on the road.
- Wunjunga Road – place bitumen between the last two grids.
- Investigate the drainage problem at Ferguson Road.
- Wunjunga – extend the Funny Dunny caravan park to include camping and a playground.
- More roundabouts in Home Hill at:
- 10th Street and 9th Avenue.
- 10th Street and 11th Avenue.
- Install a roundabout at the Five Ways in Ayr.
- Home Hill Swimming Pool needs shortening by 30 centimetres to make it a standard length so it can be used for competitions.
These are my personal views only.
How to contact me
You can contact me on my mobile phone or by emailing me.